Saturday, January 31, 2009

Precious Moments

I was taking Morgan to her room to put on her jammies and she was already very much asleep. When I was carrying her to the room, she was all snuggly in my arms with her head resting on my shoulder. Before I lay her down in the crib, I just stood there and held her close and tried to make a strong mental impression of the moment. Me, holding my little, sweet baby girl, so close and tight in my arms. I stood there for a full minute and I felt that warm, wonderful feeling...the sound of her breathing and her special baby smell. I wanted to capture the moment to play back in my mind for the rest of my life. With happy tears in my eyes, I put her in the crib and changed her into her jammies and the sands of time resumed their flow. I think that's the only way I'll be able to handle the fact that time passes so quickly. I must take a moment now and then and just feel and take in everything, so I won't have to feel so bad about the fact that she'll grow up so fast.

2 comments:

  1. I just had one of those moments a couple of hours ago. Babybear was taking a nap and I heard her stirring. When I went in and looked into her crib, she had this huge smile on her face saying "hi mommy, I'm awake now". I scooped her up and just cuddeled with her. It was so wonderful. You're right, we need to just take time and stop, cherish the time that we have everyday. As Vic always reminds me, "they are only this old for 1 day". Makes it seem rather surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man.. imagine when your child is 2.. :) Definitely.. cherish every single moment, remember her, time really does go by sooooo quickly.. and before you know it, your baby is a toddler.. ACK.

    ReplyDelete