Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I have...

As I was up the other night, feeding Morgan after only 30 minutes of sleep, I was thinking about how I don't have time to sleep much these days. I was also thinking about how I don't have much time to get things done during the day. Then a voice in my head gave me a verbal *smack* and said, "HELLO! How about thinking about what you DO have?!"

It can be hard to think about life's many blessings when you're sleep deprived at 4 a.m., but in the light of day I see how I am pretty much the luckiest, most blessed person I could be.

So, let's talk about what I *do* have...

I have...a wonderful father who paid for my college education, so I could earn my BBA and my MBA...

I have...completed 5 1/2 years working for the City of San Antonio, which allowed me to save up enough money to stay home with my beautiful baby...

I have...an amazing husband who supports me, both emotionally and financially and makes it possible for those savings to be enough for me to stay home. He does the laundry, cooks dinner, feeds the baby when I'm down to my last drop of energy...

I have...generous parents who come over at a moment's notice to give me a break in the day...

I have...a miraculous baby girl, who makes everything worthwhile and lights up my life...

I have...good friends to share it all with...

I have...my good health, without which I wouldn't be able to enjoy all these blessings...

I need to remind myself of these blessings often, because I have so very much. If I had to come up with a list of problems in my life, I think I would have quite a bit of trouble coming up with anything big. Even the small problems are outweighed by the wonderful small things, like Morgan's "ah goos" or her smiles and faces that are becoming more expressive by the day. I often ask myself why I ever even complain at all. I guess it would be against the law to be as happy on the outside as I often am on the inside. :Þ How can anyone be unhappy when they have this little one to look at and be with every day:

...not to mention her Daddy who helped bring her into our lives...

2 comments:

  1. Very well said. It's amazing how much our lives have changed in only 11 weeks. My problems seem so small now. Sometimes I think I just need to take a step back and remember what I have going on and how fortunate I am. Once I see it on paper, it's like "DUH, what was I thinking" Glad that everything is going well for you...BTW Can't wait for tomorrow!!!! I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a SAHM mom from the moment Keri was born.. over 2.5 years now, and I know how blessed I am.. it is amazing. I wish I had the family support you have, but my husband is all the support I need.. he is amazing, and I am also very truly blessed that I have this opportunity to spend it with Keri.. cherish every moment staying home with Morgan b/c I promise you.. time goes by very quickly.

    ReplyDelete