Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back from the doctor's office...

We went to Morgan's appointment with the pediatrician and they did their assessment. She's in the 90th and 95th percentiles for weight and length and head circumference. She used to be in the 50th percentile, so the doctor was pleased. Since she was gaining so much, I was wondering what he was going to say. She was born 7 lbs. 3 oz. and today she weighed 13 lbs. 10 oz.!! He just said she had quite a few growth spurts and it was OK for her to be eating a lot.

Then came the time for the vaccinations. The first was an oral administration for rotovirus. I could tell it tasted funny to Morgan, but she drank it anyway. I then saw the metal plate with the shots on it. Oh, man, they were LONG needles. I've had many shots and had blood drawn about a zillion times in my life and even I was wary of those things. I had to lay Morgan on the table and the nurse gave her the shots and it took a second for the pain to register and then Morgan wailed and cried louder than I've ever heard her cry. :( When the nurse was done she told me I could pick her up and I was thinking to myself, "don't cry, don't cry", because I didn't want to add to Morgan's stress by bawling myself. I gave her a bottle and she settled pretty quickly - thank goodness. She was pretty calm after that and didn't cry again. She does seem a little tired, so we'll just have to keep an eye on her to see how she reacts.

I can't believe we have to do this again in another 2 months, then at 6 and 9 months and a year, etc., etc. *SIGH*

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that everything went well. 1 set down, to many to go. :|

    ReplyDelete