Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's Blog:30

We're going to Victoria today to see Greg's parents and other family and we're also going to see some friends in Edna in the evening. I'm really excited about it, but I'm nervous that I'm forgetting something. Now that "baby makes 3," we have to pack the whole house. I fed Morgan around 7:30 last night and she fell asleep in my lap. I put her in the bassinet around 8 for a bit so I could do some packing. Well, she stayed asleep the whole time and that became her bedtime for the night. I was worried about that, because she would only sleep about 3 hours at a time. I didn't get to bed until a little after 10 and sure enough, she woke up at 11 p.m. I was SO sleepy, having slept less than an hour. I fed her and got her back to sleep, then I woke up at 3 a.m., realizing that I had slept through my 2:30 pumping time. I listened for any activity in Morgan's room before sitting down to pump. I was juuuust hooking up when Greg came in and said he could hear her sucking vigorously on her hand. Aw, she's hungry! So, I unhooked and took her to the living room to feed her. I got her back to bed pretty quickly and now I'm hooked back up to the pump.

As much of a pain as pumping is, it does give me 15-20 minutes to sit down and write my blog and do some things on the computer. It's a bit of a "forced break" albeit a little uncomfortable one. It's also giving me a little time to try and think of what I'm forgetting for the trip. Well, I guess anything she needs, we could buy in Victoria. I'm glad she's not at the point where she has a "binky" or special toy that she cannot be without, because I feel like I'd forget it, being so tired.

On another note, Greg said I could buy the Fisher-Price Precious Planet All Around Musical Playtime Gym (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3243095), so I went to Target yesterday and got it. I'm so excited about it - it's SO cute! I'm pretty sure I'm more excited about it than Morgan is, but she did seem to have fun playing with it yesterday. I'm going to be hosting quite a few "caterpillar playgroups" for the Stay-at-Home Moms group I joined, so an extra tummy-time mat will certainly come in handy. I can't wait until May when she hits 6 months and can play with all kinds of toys! She has recently become aware of these colorful objects hanging from strings around her and smiles and coos at them.

Ah, times up on the pump. I need to go process the milk and get back to sleep. I need to keep reminding myself that I won't be tied to this pump forever. I am so ready to go to Victoria, yet so sleepy at the same time. *yawn*

1 comment:

  1. oh that play gym is nice...Might have to go and look at that one...I love all the animals

    ReplyDelete