Friday, February 6, 2009

Playgroup

Yesterday (it's 1:30 a.m., so Thursday was "yesterday") I hosted my second Caterpillar Playgroup. We had about 5 mommies and their kiddos. I have so much fun setting up the "Baby Playland," as I call it, in the living room. I'm astounded at the number of toys I have accumulated already and Morgan isn't even 3 months old! I just love seeing the other babies and how they are developing and I hope that Morgan is taking it all in and becoming more aware of the outside world. One of the babies that could crawl, Livian, moved over to Morgan, who was lying on the floor and gave her a little kiss on the head. It was too cute! I also enjoy talking to the other mommies a lot. The playgroup I belong to has a very diverse membership and it really is very interesting to hear what other mothers have gone through and what is going on with them lately. It has been very educational. :) I'm so glad to be making these new friends. The group has so many great ladies as members. I'm hoping that Morgan and I can make some lasting friendships. The group has quite a few mommies from military families, so I know some will be moving in the coming months. That makes me sad, but I am trying to enjoy their company while they are here and with my nomadic past, I'm certainly used to the coming and going of friends and acquaintances.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that ya'll had a good time. Tori "protested" all the way home. When we got home, I sat her on the couch in the boppy and she was all smiles and giggles. I suppose she just had to much for the day. I fed her about and hour later and she took a short nap and was good to go from then on. It's so funny how at 12 weeks, she can already "protest" to her mommy. What will the future hold? At least she won't have a hard time expressing herself.

    ReplyDelete