Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Busy day...

Morgan and I actually had a busy day today. This morning I put her in her new Precious Planet Jumperoo and she had some bouncy time. Around 10-ish, I loaded her up in the car and we went downtown to where I used to work to meet up with my former boss and her husband, whom I also used to work with at the City. Morgan and I made the rounds and said hello to everyone we could find, then it was off to lunch. We ate at The Malthouse and I had to change her and that was not a very fun experience. They have crummy bathrooms and no changing table. Luckily, I have a folding mat for such an occasion, but I could see Morgan looking around the room thinking, "how can you lay me down near this filth?" She was all smiles in the office, but there at the restaurant, she had a little fussy moment. Who could blame her with all the yuckiness around her. After a fresh change, she was good to go. I got some food to-go to take to my grandmother. Morgan got to visit her Great Grandma. This was trip #2 and Morgan was pretty sleepy and slept most of the time we were there visiting. It was coming up on my next pumping time (ay, I'm tied to that pump!) so we made our way back home. She made it all the way without fussing, thank goodness. Sometimes in the last 5 minutes of a car trip, she'll get super fussy, but not this time. After we were home for a bit, I remembered that I needed to return some shoes to Burlington to get the correct size. I asked Greg if I could go when he got home, but he suggested going right away. I wondered if Morgan could handle another outing. I loaded her up again and off we went to Burlington. She was a super-cutie the whole time, smiling at me and looking around. I got the correct size shoes and several light material jammies for Morgan. We made our way back home from trip #3 and she didn't fuss this time either! :)

When we got home, I think she realized she hadn't fussed in a while and decided to make up for lost time. She finished the milk that was left in her bottle and was fussing for more. I had put my extra milk in the fridge, so it was cold. It was time for me to pump again, so I decided to just have her wait for the fresh milk. Well, she wasn't in the mood to wait. I decided to try and nurse her directly, in the interest of time, but she only made it 2 minutes before she was swimming in milk and I had to stop. I went back to the bedroom to pump and she was in the bassinet, looking at me and fuss-fuss-fussing. When I got 2 ounces, I paused and filled up her bottle. I continued to pump and got a total of 10 ounces, 6.25 of which came from the side on which I nursed her. I think it was a combination of her nursing and fussing that caused the spike in output. Anyway, she had all the milk she needed now and she fell asleep.

I rolled her into the kitchen (in the bassinet) so I could wash the rest of the bottles and attempt to throw together some sort of dinner. Greg was going to the store straight from work, so I was trying to get things done before he arrived. He comes in the door and he says he has two things for me: one - an early Valentines gift - a bouquet of roses and two - apple pie! Apple pie is my favorite kind of pie. What a sweetie (literally)! I often wonder how I got so lucky.

After dinner, we gave Morgan her bath, in an attempt to form a bedtime routine. I put her in her jammies and fed her a bottle. Close to 9 p.m. I tried to put her in the crib, but she wiggled and fussed and did not want to be swaddled. I took her back to the glider to give her the last of her milk. She drank it and as I was holding her, she just stared into space and made this odd, moaning sound over and over. It was like the end of her "ah goo" and she just kept "saying" it over and over and over. I asked her what was wrong, but she just stared into space. I asked Greg to come listen and she just looked up at him and made more odd, moaning noises. He picked her up and got a few burps out of her. I still don't know what was wrong with her. After a little while longer, I took her back to the crib. She still did not want to be swaddled, so I left her laying on the blanket. I came in here to pump and I haven't heard any crying, so I hope she fell asleep.

Well, off to process this milk...let's see how the night goes...it's raining and thundering like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment