Monday, February 9, 2009

Progress!

Well, I tried to keep her on a 3-hour E.A.S.Y. schedule yesterday. That's from The Baby Whisperer and it's Eat-Activity-Sleep-Your Time, which basically means she'd have 3 hours between feedings. Most times she made is about 2.5 hours, which is still really good. She slept for about 2 hours in the evening, though, and I thought we were going to have problems. At around 8 we gave her a bath and then I put her in her jammies and gave her the bedtime bottle. I got her in the crib at 9 p.m., still a little bit awake, but she fell asleep after I tried a few times to swaddle her. She then slept all the way until 2:20 a.m. Yay! I had to get up at 11:45 p.m. to pump, so I didn't get to sleep that long, but longer than normal. After getting up at 2:20, she was back asleep by 2:45 and then she didn't get up again until 5:55 a.m. She just CANNOT sleep until 6, ha, ha. Sometimes I wonder if I put her to bed at 5:50, would she still wake up at 5:55? Anyway, that means she slept 5 hr. 20 min. the first time and 3 hr. 10 min. the second time, which I think is great! I fed her at 5:55 and we both fell asleep in the glider, so I'm not sure how long we slept that time. I think it was about an hour. I don't feel as ridiculously tired today, so I'm hoping either the growth spurt is over, or the EASY routine helped. That's the tricky thing - figuring out what helps her sleep longer at night. Maybe it was the rain last night - who knows? I hope she keeps it up and I hope I can be good about keeping her on some sort of daytime schedule.

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!!! Progress is always something good. As everyone always says "all in their own time" to bad it's not mommy & daddy time. I have the Baby Whisper book and enjoyed reading it. I bought it as a set w/ the toddler one. Vic and I are going to start Tori on a routine when she's 4 months. Right now we're okay with how she sleeps. Usually bath at 7:30 or 8:00. Cuddle time with dad until 9:00 (laying on daddy's chest talking to him) Then nursing at 9:00, asleep by 9:30. Dream feed at 12 only sometimes though, and usually wakes between 4:00-6:00, nurse & diaper change, back to sleep, and then up at 8:20 when daddy's alarm goes off. It's different for us because she sleeps in the bed with us. Not something that I had wanted to do, but the more I think about it, the more I love it.

    ReplyDelete