Monday, February 23, 2009

Sleep training...Day 2...

We tried Day 2 of sleep training, last night, but Morgan was crying (no actual tears) and kicking and actually moving herself around the crib. We’d go to check on her and she was all turned around. One time I went in there and her foot was in one of the crib slats and I decided that was enough and fed her. She went right to sleep and slept for a little over 5 hours! Then, I had to pump at 2:30 and around 3 when I walked by her room, I heard/saw that she was sucking on her hand. I got her out of the crib and fed her and she went back to sleep from 3:25 a.m. to 6:25 a.m., so that was another 3 hours. I ordered a book called the “No Cry Sleep Solution”, because I just can’t take her crying and fussing so much. The first night she hardly cried, but last night she wasn’t giving in and it hurt too much to hear and see her writhing around the crib, going crazy. I basically only had to feed her once in the middle of the night, so that's not bad at all. She's just a little baby, poor thing...I just know she needs her sleep. She only sleeps a total of about 8-9 hours a night and most of that is broken sleep. I still look forward to the day when she sleeps 8-9+ hours straight, like I used to before I got pregnant. Ah, dare to dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment