Monday, July 20, 2009

Sleep Training Update!

OK, so on Friday night, Morgan was supposed to go all night without eating. Technically, I think she did, because she slept 8 hours, before crying to be fed. However, this was at 3:00 a.m., so it depends on how you look at it. I was thinking about it and I don't think it's quite time to totally wean her off night feedings. I'm not very good about giving her enough solids during the daytime, so I think one night feeding, as long as she sleeps past midnight, is fair. She has been doing such a great job and when she cries at 2 in the morning, I know she's really hungry and not just asking for milk to be put back to sleep. She has proven to me that she can put herself to sleep on her own, so there's no need to force the issue on night feedings, just yet.

Saturday night, she only slept 4 hours and woke up at 11:00 wanting milk, though. Normally, I'd make her wait until after midnight, but I was late giving her solids and kinda messed up her feeding schedule, again, she shouldn't suffer for my mistakes. I fed her about 2.5 ounces and then she slept another 5hr15min. After that, I fed her a little more and she slept another 2 and half hours. Her total sleep for that night was 11 hours and 45 minutes, which is amazing to me!

Last night was a even better. I've read that "sleeping through the night" is sleeping 5 hours straight, usually from 12a-5a. Morgan went to bed at 7:30p and slept all the way to 5:15a! She did let out a single cry at 2:30a, but it was in her sleep, so I say that doesn't count. ;) She was very hungry when she woke up at 5:15a, and she had slept almost 10 hours, so I gladly gave her a little water and then a little milk. She slept from 5:30a-7:00a, for a total of 11 hours 10 minutes, with only one waking/feeding. This is a first for my sweet baby and I'm so proud of her! It only took her 8 months, but she finally slept through the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment