Monday, August 24, 2009

Ear Infection Update

OK, so we took Morgan to the doctor and he said it definitely looks like the non-allergic amoxicillin rash. I find the term "non-allergic rash" to be an oxymoron, but anyway...He said her ear infection was looking much better and that we didn't need to switch to a new antibiotic. In fact, he said she could stop taking the amoxicillin. He didn't want to label her as "allergic to amoxicillin", either, since she didn't have any other reactions. He said there's nothing we can do about the rash - it will just have to run its course, which could take 7-10 days. My poor baby already has eczema, she doesn't need new rashes! Well, I'm very glad she'll be off those antibiotics. I think they were causing her mood swings, poor sleep, etc. I expect her to improve much more quickly, now. Hooray! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment