Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's Father's Day!

Wow, the time just flies on by, doesn't it? Today was my husband's first Father's Day (unless you count the one while Morgan was in my belly...) His parents and my parents came over for dinner and we had yummy grilled fajitas. It was so nice to have all the "daddies" together.




This little girl has a lot of people to love her and it makes me so happy!

She's getting a little better at sleeping at night. She doesn't sleep through the night by any means, but she can sleep 3 hours at a time, some nights. She went to bed "early" tonight (7:30 p.m.) so who knows what the night will bring. I cannot believe she's 7 months and 5 days old. I weighed her today and she is so close to 21 pounds. I'm not really looking forward to upgrading her car seat, because I won't be able to take the car seat out of the base. I'll have to take her out of the seat and that won't be fun when she falls asleep in the car, which is almost always. How do people do it? She's not really great at being in the restuarant high chairs, yet. She bucks and wiggles, but I'm wondering if that kind of thing gets any better. Oh well, maybe it'll take her a while to gain that last pound before hitting the weight limit and in the meantime, I can work on her highchair skills. I guess I better head to bed soon, because she had already been asleep for 1:20 and might be up in a little while.

Oh, but first, a little about her food. I've stretched her bottles out to every 3 hours, but lately she drinks 2 oz. really fast and takes FOR-E-VER to finish the other 4 ounces. I've given her some "Stage 2" vegetables and she seems to really like them. She has also been eating those "Baby Mum-Mum" rice husk snacks, to practice her chewing skills. I get so nervous when she's eating anything like that, but I need to give her practice. She doesn't really like those puffs, yet, but I guess those are for "crawlers" and she's not quite there, yet. She scoots herself backwards and can pivot in a circle, but she isn't crawling. She can hold herself up pretty well on one of her toys, if I put her up to it. She can't pull up or anything, but she can sit really well.



OK, I really need to get to bed - I'm sleeeeeepy...sorry, if I've been rambling!

No comments:

Post a Comment